Beautiful example of an Ekos Mark 2.
This was originally a mark 1 manufactured in 1988 and then upgraded at the Linn factory in 1996 to the mark 2 specification (Bearings).
Both dials move freely and both vertical and horizontal bearings are very smooth.
Sweeps across the horizontal plane with only a small anti skate force applied and achieves an 50+ on the swing test.
Cable not included
No original packaging but will be shipped securely.
Ekos Product History
Two variants unofficially referred to as Mark 1 & Mark 2
1988 Mark 1 Introduced
Mark II with improved bearings introduced (S/N 6200)
1991 Slot less pillar introduced (S/N 6490)
2007 Production ceased (around S/N 10634)
Note: Some Mark 1’s may have been returned to the factory for the bearing upgrade.
Ekos Mark 2 Description
A precision tonearm manufactured to sub-micron tolerances to get the most music from the cartridge.
- Temperature compensated precision springs ensure constant tracking and bias forces
- Rigid construction, ultra-low friction bearings and clean room assembly to guarantee performance and longevity.
- All key components machined from solid to ensure no unwanted vibration disturbs the music.
- Advanced alloys and adhesives to maximise strength and mechanical integrity.
- Low-loss cable and gold connectors to ensure no music signal is lost. In transmission to preamplifier.
- Easy to use hydraulic lift/lower device.
Ekos Mark 2 Specification
Effective Mass: 11.5 g
Cartridge Weight Range: 4-9g
Pivot to Stylus: 211 mm
Stylus Overhang: 18 mm
Tracking down force: Adjustable by precision spring
Bias Force: Adjustable by precision spring
Source: Linn Hi-Fi music for life (1993)