Ekos Mark1 is in superb cosmetic condition.
Both dials move freely and both vertical and horizontal bearings are very smooth.
Arm sweeps smoothly over horizontal plain when a small bias is applied.
Achieved an impressive 70 on the swing test.
No original packaging
Cable not included.
If your delivery address is outside the UK, you may be liable for import charges including taxes and customs fees. These charges are not included in the sale price and are usually paid to the shipper before they release the parts for delivery. Please contact your local Customs Office should you require details about the charges you may incur.
Ekos Product History
Two variants unofficially referred to as Mark 1 & Mark 2
1988 Mark 1 Introduced
Mark II with improved bearings introduced (S/N 6200)
1991 Slot less pillar introduced (S/N 6490)
2007 Production ceased (around S/N 10634)
Note: Some Mark 1’s may have been returned to the factory for the bearing upgrade.
Ekos Mark 2 Description
A precision tonearm manufactured to sub-micron tolerances to get the most music from the cartridge.
- Temperature compensated precision springs ensure constant tracking and bias forces
- Rigid construction, ultra-low friction bearings and clean room assembly to guarantee performance and longevity.
- All key components machined from solid to ensure no unwanted vibration disturbs the music.
- Advanced alloys and adhesives to maximise strength and mechanical integrity.
- Low-loss cable and gold connectors to ensure no music signal is lost. In transmission to preamplifier.
- Easy to use hydraulic lift/lower device.
Ekos Mark 2 Specification
Effective Mass: 11.5 g
Cartridge Weight Range: 4-9g
Pivot to Stylus: 211 mm
Stylus Overhang: 18 mm
Tracking down force: Adjustable by precision spring
Bias Force: Adjustable by precision spring
Source: Linn Hi-Fi music for life (1993)